2020-2021 Student Parking Permits
Point of clarification:
Remember that families are each buying a 2-day parking permit for $60. Permits will be one color for Monday and Tuesday and another for Thursday and Friday. Students who will be attending Monday and Tuesday will not be able to share their permit with students attending Thursday and Friday. The Thursday and Friday students will need to purchase their own permits. Sharing permits would create a situation in which we could not track who is parking with someone else’s permit on the off days and would cause us to oversell on those days.
If your student is planning to apply for a parking permit for the 2020-2021 school year, please note the following information. The registration window for 2020-2021 student parking permits will open on Thursday, August 13, at 9:00 am and remain open until Wednesday, August 19 at 4:00 pm.
The hybrid school schedule adds an additional layer of complexity to EHS parking for this fall. This year, families will be charged for their permits by semester rather than the full year. That fee will also be reduced to reflect the fact that students will be parking in the lot 2 days out of 5 each week due to the hybrid schedule. Therefore, the cost of a 2-day parking permit for semester 1 will be $60. This fee will be added to the student’s portal once they have been approved for a permit. Please note, this fee is non-refundable if guidance from the state changes the school schedule to full distance learning at any time during the semester 1. Additionally, due to guidance on social distancing from the Minnesota Department of Health, we will not prioritize parking permits based on carpool numbers. The decision of whether or not to use a carpool will rest with each individual family, but will not be factored in when assigning permits. Please note, each family is limited to one permit. In the event that EHS transitions from the hybrid model to full face-to-face at any time, permits will need to be re-prioritized and re-sold at that time, potentially with carpooling as a factor. Fees already paid up to that date will be deducted from the cost of a 5-day permit. The tentative breakdown for hybrid students by last name is A-K and L-Z.
For semester 1, parking permits will be prioritized based on the following criteria:
- Students taking PSEO classes (Post-Secondary Enrollment Options)
- Permit applicant is a 12th grader with current driver’s license
- Permit applicant is an 11th grader with current driver’s license
- Permit Applicant is a 10th grader with current driver’s license
The above information as well as parking fee reductions will apply to 2 day church parking permits as well.
- St.Patricks Church
- Calvary Lutheran Church
- Albans Church
Click here for parking permit application
Information regarding the distribution of the permits to students will be coming soon.
TICKETS WILL BE ISSUED FOR THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS: $30 - 1st offense $60 - 2nd offense $90 - 3rd offense
- Permits are only valid if displayed by hanging from the rear view mirror. Vehicles not displaying a valid permit will be considered to be illegally parked and subject to ticket and/or tow (at the owners expense).
- Cars that are illegally parkedor parked outside of designated student parking areas will be ticketed and/or towed without warning.
- Permits may be revoked without refundfor careless or reckless driving, failure to yield, double parking, speeding, leaving campus without permission, taking underclassmen off campus, failure to attend classes, tardiness, and parking in undesignated areas. Students with revoked or suspended semester permits will not be allowed to purchase daily permits.
Lost or stolen permits are subject to a replacement fee of $30.00. Permits are not transferable and may not be resold.
- Stealing, forging, or using a false permit will result in school suspension and loss of parking privileges.