Counseling and Advising
Laura Livesay, LICSW
Grades 10-12 (Student Last Name Lao-Z)
Ebony Gums, LICSW
Grades 10-12 (Student Last Name A-Lan)Kristin Wetzel, LICSW
952-848-4266Grade 9Beatriz Alcazar, LICSW
952-848-4879She primarily serves students through Special Education Services at EHS
Please submit to the Building Principal or Director of Human Resources as indicated by the policy(ies). DISCRIMINATION, HARASSMENT, BULLYING, HAZING, AND VIOLENCE REPORT FORM
Criteria For "Substantially Limited"
- Is the students receiving a C- or below in most or all of core classes (past and current)?
- Does student have an updated/current assessment?
- Are the student’s processing speed scores at the 25th percentile or less?
- Has student been previously considered or received services in SpEd or a 504?
- Is attendance is an interfering factor?
- Is chemical use a possible interfering factor?
- If prescribed medication, is student complying with medication regimen?
- Have there been past meetings with teachers, counselor, administrators to address concerns?
- Does the student currently have an intervention plan now or in the past?
- Have other interventions been attempted (interventions need to have shown no success over a period of 6-12 weeks or more)?
Examples of Supports/Interventions:
- Reducing course load (including removal from AP/Enr courses & 0 hour)
- Structured Study Hall (Morning Prep & Afternoon Prep)
- Study skills class (such as Sophomore Seminar)
- Weekly scheduled time with teacher(s) before or after school
- Coming in early to start a test, when possible and arranged ahead of time
- After school study help in Media Center
- Increased communication between home and school
- Successful use of organizational system
- Lifestyle interventions (limiting technology use, sleep protocol, etc.)
- Outside therapy or support system