Andy Beaton, Principal
Welcome to Edina High School!
Edina High School is a thriving, comprehensive, four-year high school located in Edina, Minnesota. We are a single high school district, nestled in a community that truly loves and believes deeply in our schools. Key to our success as a school is our dedicated staff, students and families.
Our professional teaching staff is highly educated and experienced with a drive to learn and continuously improve. EHS teachers bring a depth of knowledge to coursework that provides students with rigor, relevance and personalization.
The Edina High School student culture is one that fosters excellence in academics, athletics and the arts with an active presence in the community. EHS students see themselves as future leaders with the capacity to tackle problems and answer questions around the globe.
Our exceptional students are driven by committed and connected EHS families. Our community of families partner with us to share their expertise, time and resources with our school. Many of our community members graduated from Edina High School and have a stake in maintaining our traditions of excellence while helping us build the next generation of EHS.
Academically, Edina High School is recognized by both U.S. News and World Report and Newsweek as one of the premier high schools in America. Recently our school was recognized by the Partnership for 21st Century Learning as one that fosters innovation and 21st century learning. Edina High School is the only school in Minnesota that has earned this distinction, sharing our practices as an exemplar nationally and internationally.
While there are many ways to measure academic success, the following are just a couple snapshots highlighting our students’ recent achievements:
- EPS offers over 25 AP classes. In 2015-16, over 1,000 students took AP tests, 87% of which achieved scores of 3 or higher, and 522 students earned Advanced Placement Scholar awards, including 71 National AP Scholars.
- In 2015-16, 49 students were recognized with National Merit honors, including 14 semifinalists. Edina Public Schools is proud to have had students named National Merit Semifinalists and Finalists every year since the National Merit Scholarship Corporation began its recognition and scholarship program in 1955.
- In 2015-16 the average ACT composite score was 26.3, with 96% of the senior class taking the exam. According to the ACT college readiness report, Edina High School graduates outperformed state peers by over 30%.
- Innovative programming such as our Passion Projects, May Term and Capstone gives students the opportunity to complete independent research, internships or even study abroad experiences connected to a potential future career.
We are also proud to provide numerous opportunities for our students to excel outside the classroom. Edina High School offers a comprehensive slate of athletics, fine arts, activities and clubs for our students. Over 90% of Edina High School students participate in a school-sponsored activity.
- In the athletic domain, we have won 163 State Championships in our school’s illustrious history, number one in Minnesota and earning Edina High School national recognition for our athletic program by Sports Illustrated.
- Our students are also highly accomplished in fine arts programs with a myriad of opportunities from which to choose. The Edina High School music program has been a Nationally Recognized Grammy Winner, and over the past five years has been lauded by the International Thespian Society with multiple mainstage performances, as well as over 100 spotlight awards from the Hennepin Theater trust over that same time period.
- There are numerous activities and clubs for students. We are proud to say that if students have an interest, we are eager to help them convert their passion into a reality by allowing them to form a club or help them find a way to showcase their talent.
At Edina High School, we wholly embrace the district’s All for All mission working in partnership with families and the community, to educate all individuals to be responsible, lifelong learners who possess the skills, knowledge, creativity, sense of self-worth, and ethical values necessary to thrive in a rapidly changing, culturally diverse, global society.
Edina High School is an educational force at the state and national level, thanks to our innovative practices, talented staff, engaged students and a partnership with our families.
For more information, please explore our web site or contact us at 952-848-3800.
Principal, Edina High School