If you live in an area that is eligible for school bus transportation, visit the district's Transportation Services website for information about safety and behavior guidelines, Frequently Asked Questions and more.
Walkers are expected to use extreme care in walking to school. They are asked to arrive at school no sooner than 7:40am. This is asked of those students who ride bicycles or are driven to school as well.
Driving Your Child To or From School
During School Hours
When picking up or dropping off your child during school hours, use the WEST side (upper parking lot). Remember, all doors except the one nearest the office are locked during school hours. Also, you need to sign your child in and out in the office when your child is leaving or returning to the building during school hours.
Before and After School
- Please refer to the diagram that follows.
- If you are driving your child to or from school at the beginning or end of school hours, use the EAST side of the school only (lower parking lot near the playground). This area is marked with arrows.
- Follow the yellow arrows in a circular path. If you are the first car in line, stop parallel to the building and wait for your child. Please stay out of the marked crosswalk.
- Your child will walk to your car while you wait in line. The students have been instructed not to walk through the line of waiting cars to parked cars, so please don't ask your children to do this unless you accompany them.
- Pull out of the pick up lane AFTER your child is in the car. Proceed to the exit and take a right turn.
- If the car in front of you leaves, pull up to fill the gap.
- Please minimize parking in this lower lot
- Please drive carefully, watch for pedestrians and to limit distractions, please minimize cellphone use.
Bicycles should be parked in the bicycle racks located on the southeast side of the school. Bikes need to have locks and all students are to stay away from the bike racks during school hours.
In-Line Skates and Skateboards
In-line skates should be put on and removed at the edge of school grounds using the benches located on the east side of the lower parking lot by the bridge. In-line skates may be stored in student lockers during the school day. Skateboards are not to be used on school grounds.
Concord's Safety Patrol is a service activity open to all fifth grade students. They provide crossing supervision at street corners near the school and are under the direction of a teacher and paraprofessional. Participants are usually scheduled for a week at a time, rotating on a three week schedule. They must arrive early or stay late in order to provide this service. When the air temperature is -20° F or the Wind Chill Index is -30°F, we will not send the safety patrols out due to concerns for their safety.