The mission of the Council is to provide a shared decision-making process and communication which fosters a high quality of education for our children and a positive, supportive and responsive educational environment at Concord Elementary for students, staff and parents. The Site Council:
- Supports the mission of Concord by providing goal and policy direction for the school
- Provides a forum for discussion of school-related issues
- Serves as the primary communication link between the school and the community, district and school board.
- Decides how the school responsibilities outlined by the District shall be allocated
- Establishes procedures for selecting parent representatives for District committees and task forces.
Fifteen people serve on the Council: the principal, the PTO President and Vice President, five Concord staff members, a Kid's Club staff member, five parent representatives, and our school board liaison. Member phone numbers are listed in the school directory.
Appointments to the Site Council are made each spring. Potential candidates may nominate themselves using the form below. Members need to be parents of a Concord student , be available to attend meetings, and actively participate in Site Council activities.
The Site Council meets from 2:30-3:15 pm on the 1st Monday of each month of the school year: Oct. 1, Nov. 5, Dec. 3, Jan. 7, Feb. 4, March 4, April 1, May 4.
Visitors are welcome to attend meetings and, if they desire, may speak briefly at a designated time. The meetings are open to all Concord School community members and interested citizens.
How to Get Involved
You can get involved by:
- Contacting a member of the Site Council when you have concerns, opinions or data you would like to voice.
- Attending Site Council meetings (you are always welcome).
- Seeking election to the Site Council.
- Participating in a Site Council committee.
Copies of the Concord Site Council by-laws are available through the principal.
Site Council Members
Name Position Susie Prather Principal email@example.com Holly Dau PTO President firstname.lastname@example.org Rodney Francois KIDS Club/Wise Guys Representative email@example.com Leslie Stacey Staff Member firstname.lastname@example.org Lisa Ostenson Staff Member email@example.com Deanna Welch Staff Member firstname.lastname@example.org Mike McCarthy Staff Member email@example.com Sarah Platzloff School Board Liaison Sarah.Platzloff@edinaschools.org Tonya Wilhoit Parent Representative firstname.lastname@example.org