Learning and Technology
What tools do we need now to unleash student passion for learning and make Edina teachers exponentially more powerful?
This question is central to our ongoing discussions about the role of digital media technologies in Edina Public Schools. Our conversation and our momentum in this area have been strong and steady for over a decade. But given unlimited wants and limited resources, we must also continue to evaluate what makes the most sense for Edina students as we prepare each learner to achieve success in college, career and life. The overwhelming support for our fall 2011 learning and technology levy reaffirms our community’s support and confidence that we are making sound, responsible choices.
Our Technology Vision guides our work in the four focus areas:
- Unleash students’ passion for lifelong learning
- Empower and enhance excellent teaching
- Engage families in a partnership for education
- Demonstrate excellence in media and technology support staff
Read more about our Technology Vision.
Every day in Edina Public Schools, digital media technologies:
- Offer interactive, hands-on and engaged approaches to traditional curriculum for deeper learning and skills development
- Encourage collaboration and participation
- Offer students unprecedented opportunities to communicate with people across the globe
- Bring real world education to the classroom, empowering students with critical personal and professional skills they need to thrive in a rapidly changing, culturally diverse, global society
- Maximize district resources, including funding, time, space and natural resources