Back to School
- For districtwide back to school information, such as health services, nutrition services, and ways to connect with Edina Public Schools, visit the Family Handbook.
Picture Day on August 19, 2020
- More information coming soon about Josten's Picture Day. We will have staggered times to maintain social distancing.
- Students will also have their student I.D. printed on picture day too! Students will also receive a lanyard from VVMS on picture day, as all middle school students at VVMS and SVMS will be wearing their student ID each day on a lanyard as a name badge.
Parents of 7th Graders...Check your student’s records for these two key immunizations:
- One dose of meningococcal is required beginning in grade 7
- One dose of Tdap is required beginning at grade 7
- View information from Minnesota Department of Health
Back to School Forms
Complete these online; print and students can return to school on Picture Day.
- PTO Membership--link coming soon.
- Background Check Form
- Background Check with Electronic Payment
- Valley View Choir Membership
- Extended French Dues Letter
- Medication at School
6th Grade and New Family Welcome and General Information
- New family welcome program for 6th grade families and families new to Edina will be virtual.
- Video Overview (view anytime...coming soon)
- Live Q and A virtual meeting (date and info coming soon)
- To ensure that all of our students have access to technology, Edina Public Schools will provide a learning device to all students entering 6th grade.
- Families with students entering the 6th grade will be required to take an online course that details our Edina Apps ecosystem and explains the “Why” and “How” technology is used in our schools.
- More information will be sent out in the coming weeks and additional resources regarding eLearning2 can be found at www.edinaschools.org/eLearning2. If you have any specific questions or concerns, please contact Jack Salaski at eLearning2@edinaschools.org.
Orientation and Curriculum Morning Information
- More information coming soon!
- We will have a virtual experience.
- Student schedules will be available to view on Infinite Campus by August 19, 2020. Infinite Campus is found on the Edina Parent Portal. If you do not have access to the portal or need help with logging in, please email: email@example.com
- Students will be assigned a locker on your schedule. Please use the locker to which you are assigned
- Altering student schedules means we will not have staffing to meet new needs precipitated by a change or an imbalance of staff in another area. Thus, student schedule change requests will be strongly discouraged and may not be approved.
- Information about student transportation will be released on the portal.
- Adjustments to route times, if needed, will be made mid-to-late September and families would be notified of changes. Visit EdinaSchools.org/Transportation for more information.
2020-2021 Supply Lists
Valley View 2020-2021 Information -- one pager. (coming soon!)
- 2020-2021 Daily Schedule (coming soon)
- A/B calendar (coming soon)
- 2 hour late start and early release schedules
- 2020-2021 Parent-Teacher Student Conferences (dates and times unique to VVMS)
- District One page 2020-2021 calendar
More Back to School Resources
- 2019-20 Family Handbook
Student Rights & Responsibilities
Community Ed Youth Programs
- Student R&R Handbook (English)
- Student R&R Handbook (Somali)
- Student R&R Handbook (Spanish)