Sept. 19, 2017 - More than 30 years ago, the last of Don and Donna Montgomery’s eight children “graduated” from Cornelia Elementary School. But that didn’t stop them from joining the throng of families at the Aug. 31 Open House.
Sept. 13, 2017 – The National Merit Scholarship Program has announced that 16 Edina High School (EHS) seniors have been named 2018 semifinalists. The EHS students are among 300 semifinalists from Minnesota and about 16,000 in the nation, which represents less than 1 percent of U.S. high school seniors.
2017 Operating Levy
At its Aug. 14, 2017 meeting, the Edina School Board voted unanimously to authorize a special election on Tuesday, Nov. 7 for the community to vote on a ballot question for an operating levy.
The operating levy question seeks to renew the expiring operating levy and increase the district’s local revenue authority to provide needed operating funds for day-to-day expenses such as teachers, curriculum, transportation and utilities.
Why a Proposed Levy Renewal and Increase
Sustain Quality of Educational Programs
- Attract and retain quality teachers and staff
- Ensure students have skills needed to be prepared for college, career and life
- Provide a personalized learning experience for each and every student
- Remain competitive nationally and internationally
Maintain Community's Investment
- Current operating levy of $13.3 million expires June 30, 2018
- Provides 12% of day-to-day operating budget
7:00 PM School Board Meeting
October 5, 2017
October 9, 2017
9:30 AM - 11:30 AM School Board Candidate Forum
5:00 PM School Board Workshop
October 12, 2017