“The mission of the Valley View Middle School is to educate individuals to be informed, responsible, and involved global citizens with a strong sense of self-worth and a respect for others through a flexible, cooperative, student-centered, experiential learning program.”
We believe that . . .
- people are responsible for their choices and the results of those choices.
- respect for self and others is essential.
- learning how to learn is important.
- people need a safe, nurturing, harassment-free environment.
- learning is a shared responsibility.
- the ability to work individually and as a team is essential.
- every person can learn.
- people are responsible for investing the appropriate time and effort to learn.
- skills to empower the individual can be learned.
- open, timely, two-way communication among students, families, school, and the community is essential.
- responsibility and ethics can be taught.
- we are a part of an interdependent global society.
- there are common standards of respect and decency.
- learning can be fun.
- proactive individuals working together can manage conflict.