The Media Center at Normandale is a place where students and staff gather to check out books, work in the computer lab, or mini computer lab, and have media experiences with Mme Pearson. The media center is a place to enjoy the love of reading and learning through print and non-print materials.
Normandale has a collection of both French and English materials, including books, magazines, and book-cassette kits.
In addition, the Normandale media center has a growing collection of videos and CD-ROMS for in-school use.
- Students in Kindergarten are allowed to check out one item.
- Students in Grades 1-2 are allowed to check out three items, with the students' teacher setting guidelines as to how many materials should be in French or English.
- Students in Grades 3-5 are allowed to check out 4 items with the students' teacher setting guidelines as to how many materials should be in French or English.
- Books and magazines are circulated for a period of two weeks.
- Reference books do not circulate.
- Bilingual books in French and English may be checked out by students and will be viewed as one material item.
- Students who have overdue materials are not allowed to checkout additional materials.