Registration for all Edina Community Education programs can be made through our online registration system: edina.thatscommunityed.com.
To register for Adult Enrichment Classes, Youth classes & camps, the *Family Center or *Out of School Time (KIDS Club, WISE Guys, SURGE and Success Center) programs you will first need to set-up an account online.
*Account set-up is encouraged prior to the beginning of Family Center and Out of School Time (KIDS Club, WISE Guys, SURGE and Success Center) registration.
Can't find what you're looking for? Give us a call and one of our friendly staff members will be able to assist you over the phone. Otherwise, take a look around–you never know what might spark your interest or ignite your creativity!
Create an Account
- Go to edina.thatscommunityed.com
- Click on "Create an Account" in the upper right hand corner
- Fill in your personal information
- Once you have completed this step you will be able to add family members which will create your family profile
- You will now be able to register online for your classes
Find a Class
Course information is separated by program area:
Alternatively, if you know the title of a course or have specific search terms, you can simply type into the search box, located in top center of the page.
Once you have selected the course that you wish to register for, click "Add to Cart" and follow the steps to complete the transaction.
Learning is for Everyone
Individuals With Disabilities
Contact us at 952-848-3958 if you need assistance in attending class. 952-848-3978 VCO Hearing Impaired TTY/TDD users may contact us via the MN Relay 711 system or at 1-800-627-3529.
Financial Assistance Available
Upon request, reduced class fees are available for Edina residents of any age.
Click here to learn more
Tell Us What You Think
If for any reason you are not happy with the quality of one of our community education classes, we want to know about it. We work hard to offer high-quality programming that meets the needs of learners of all ages, stages, abilities and interests. And we work hard to recruit dynamic, enthusiastic teachers who care about learning for life and connecting community. Please call us at 952-848-3952 to offer your constructive feedback, and we will be glad to work with you to make things right.
Register early! Classes below minimum will be cancelled three
business days before the class begins. If we cancel a class, we will call you
and help you find another option or your tuition will be refunded in full. We
do not offer prorating of any youth classes or camps.
If you need to cancel or
change a class: Cancel within five
business days (M-F) prior to the first day of class and you will receive a full
refund. Less than five business days, you will be assessed a $10 fee, course supply
fees and issued a credit slip for the
balance. Cancellations/changes made by phone or email over the weekend
(Sat-Sun) or legal holidays are received by our office on the next business day
and will not be eligible for refunds or credit on classes starting on the day
the message was received. We cannot offer refunds or credit vouchers on or
after the first day of class.
Cancellations: Most Community Ed
classes are held in school buildings. If the school district closes early due
to bad weather, this affects all school related events, including Community Ed
classes. During the school year, we will evaluate rescheduling and/or refunds
on a class by class basis. During the summer we do not cancel classes due
to inclement weather or excessive heat because an alternative location or date is
provided for all outdoor camps.
District School Closing information
You may cancel your class registration up to two business days before class begins without penalty. For cancellations fewer than two business days before the class, you will be charged a $10 late cancellation fee you will be issued a credit voucher for the balance. (Note: credit vouchers do not expire.) We cannot offer refunds or credit vouchers on or after the first day of class.
FAMILY CENTER PROGRAMS
2015-2016 School Year Policy:
Cancellations must be received in writing or by email by May 1, 2015 to receive a full tuition refund. Registration fees are nonrefundable.
- For One Day Classes a $25 cancellation fee will be applied after May 1, 2015.
- For Multiple Day Classes and Block Time Child Care one month's (May 2016) tuition is nonrefundable after May 1, 2015.
- No refunds are given for emergency or weather closings and for days missed due to illness or vacation.
- For those registering after May 1, 2015 - cancellations must be received in writing or by email by August 7, 2015 to receive a full tuition refund. One month's (May 2016) tuition is nonrefundable after Aug 7, 2015. This includes classes and block time. Registration fees are nonrefundable.
Ways to Cancel
- Call 952-848-3952 and speak with our friendly staff members, or leave a message. If you leave a message, please let us know the participant's name, the course name, and a phone number where we can reach you if we have questions.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your message, please include the participant's name, the course name, and a phone number where we can reach you if we have questions.
- Stop by our office from 7:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
Discounts for District Employees
Edina Schools employees* may be eligible to receive a discount on Edina Community Education Programs:
- Adult and Youth classes 20% off (certain classes/camps are not eligible for discounts)
- Family Center 20% off
- KIDS Club 50% off (Please Note:The value of the discount will be reported on your EPS W-2 as Dependent Care Assistance.)”
* Employee must have regularly scheduled hours of 20+ hours/week, not available to substitutes.